Rollovers for Unused 2020 FSA Dollars
If you enrolled in a Health Care and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2021 and you have an unused balance from 2020, your unused balance will roll over for use in 2021.
At the end of 2020, some employees found themselves unable to spend their FSA funds due to Covid lockdowns. Typically, FSAs are a use-it-or-lose-it deal: in exchange for the tax benefits, any funds unused by the end of the year are forfeited. However, the Covid relief bill passed in December has allowed Equifax to permit rollovers in these plans for those who re-enrolled in an FSA for 2021.
As usual, you will have until March 31, 2021 to file claims for eligible expenses incurred from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. Any unused 2020 FSA balance remaining as of April 1, 2021 will be added to your FSA balance for 2021. This gives you the rest of the 2021 calendar year to use that money.
If you’re looking for ways to spend your FSA dollars, see the full list of IRS-approved expenses for the Health Care FSA and for the Dependent Care FSA.
4 Free Ways to Take Better Care of You
- Have your own personal health team. Cigna’s beWell Personal Health Team can help find solutions to your healthcare needs, including weight and stress management. beWell is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call 877-459-9896 or log in to myCigna.com.
- Build habits that lower your health risks. Omada® combines real human support with the latest technology to help you reach your health goals — whether that’s losing weight, lowering your blood pressure, or staying on top of diabetes. There is no cost to participate for adults who are enrolled in an Equifax Medical Plan option, are at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease, and are accepted into the program. See if you’re eligible at OmadaHealth.com/Equifax.
- Get personalized 401(k) investment advice. The experts at Financial Engines are standing by to help. They can provide you personalized, professional investment advice, no matter what kind of investor you are. Visit FinancialEngines.com/forEquifax or call 877-401-5762.
- Access private, professional help when you need it. If you’re experiencing overwhelming feelings of worry, stress or doubt, there’s no need to suffer in silence.
- Visit Lifeworks.com (username: Equifax | password: lifeworks) or call 888-267-8126 (español: 888-732-9020).
- Call Cigna’s 24-hour toll-free helpline at 866-912-1687.*
- Download the Talkspace app to connect privately with licensed therapists. Get started at Talkspace.com.*
* For those covered by the Equifax Medical Plan, subject to plan cost sharing.
Cigna Life Connected Podcast Series
The Cigna Life ConnectedSM podcast series explores the connections between physical, financial and personal well-being. Join our host Wendy as she speaks with Cigna experts and guides you along your unique journey to total well-being. Check out recent episode online or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts.
Live Cigna Phone Seminars
Throughout the year, Cigna specialists host phone seminars on a variety of well-being topics. Watch this space for upcoming events.
To participate in the seminars listed below, call 866-770-3260, toll-free in the U.S. and Canada.
Autism: ABA Therapy and Parent Involvement — Mar. 11, 1-2 p.m. EST
Children & Families: ADHD & Creating Habits — Mar. 18, 1-2 p.m. EST
Featured Recipe: Adobo-Braised Chicken
Try out this casserole with attitude. It’s a perfect dinner for the entire family! Healthy + delicious + easy to make. Watch the video.